The Administrative Assistant, Business Development position is responsible for performing various administrative duties as needed to support Business Development. This position will be client-facing and will support the Business Development team with client engagement, monitor client requests from beginning to end to ensure timely processing and consistency, process contracts, schedule meetings, create, review, and analyze client requests, book events, and assist with marketing initiatives.
This position requires superior communication, writing abilities, and analytical and interpersonal skills. A commitment to team work, an eye for detail, and the ability to manage time, handle multiple priorities, and work independently are also essential.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform essential functions.
· Provide administrative support to the Manager of Client Engagement and Business Development team to help support MZQ’s clients
· Expand and create relationships with current and potential clients
· Work with clients and MZQ team members to gather the necessary information needed for any client service inquiries and/or contracts
· Execute, manage, and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Use internal technology systems and dashboards
· Assist with writing projects, including drafting sections of documents, editing, proof-reading, and formatting documents
· Provide support to clients through phone calls, email communications, and online meetings
· Research client issues and/or inquiries
· Look for improvements to our business development processes and procedures to support efficiency and growth
· Juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
· Other duties as assigned
· Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Sales, Communications, or a similar field
· 2-3 years of prior experience in an administrative support role
· Prior experience in administrative sales support and customer service preferred
· Ambitious, continuous learner, enjoys complex subjects and/or projects
· Excellent organizational skills
· Extremely strong attention to detail
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and etiquette
· Demonstrated ability to articulate clearly and effectively
· Ability to produce excellent work products, accurately and efficiently
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to work closely in a collaborative team environment and truly enjoys helping others
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
· Experienced and skilled in computer systems in a windows-based environment
· Service orientation with a sense of urgency and responsiveness
· Eager to learn and contribute to the success of the organization
· Works diligently and well under deadline pressures
· Projects maturity and professionalism
· Prior HR/Benefits experience a plus
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This is a hybrid remote and in-office position. Our office is in Pikesville, Maryland. This position reports directly to the Manager of Client Engagement. This job operates in a professional office environment, whether in person or remotely. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week, following an agreed-upon schedule.
Minimal travel is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.